Lauren DeStefano: Wither (The Chemical Garden trilogy #1)

What ​if you knew exactly when you would die?
Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb—males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out.
When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape—to find her twin brother and go home.
But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant Rhine is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limted time she has left.



Ezt a könyvet olvastam már magyarul korábban, és kedvenc is lett, ám most beszereztem a második részt is angolul, így gondoltam nem árt egy újraolvasás. És még mindig kedvenc. Az akkori véleményemet még most is osztom:


Kezdjük mindjárt a legelején: a borítóval. Nagyon gyönyörű a lány a képen, a színvilág, a geometriai formák, amelyek végigvonulnak az egész regényen, egészen különlegessé teszik az összképet.
A téma egészen egyedi, még a posztapokaliptikus (disztópikus) regények között is: A jövőben a férfiak 24, a nők 20 éves korukig élnek. Soha nem gondoltam még bele egy ilyen jövőképbe, hogy mi lesz a sok kísérletezésnek és tökéletesítésnek az eredménye. Hogy az emberek le akarják győzni a rákot, a pestist és az egyéb betegségeket, és lehet, hogy ezzel éppen az életet is legyőzik. Ahány disztópiás regény, annyiféle negatív jövőkép, és igazából így mindet nehéz elképzelni, a mostani, viszonylag jómódban, de nem lehetetlen. Bármelyik bármikor bekövetkezhet.
A kedvenc karakterem a sorozatban Jenna volt, az erőt, az elkötelezettséget jelképezte. Érdekes volt Vaughn Cecilyhez fűződő viszonya is, nagyon erős ellentét volt kettejük személyisége között, mégis jól megértették egymást. Vaughn egy könyörtelen zsarnok, Cecily pedig egy ártatlan, burokban élő kislány.Nagyon tetszett, hogy milyen viszony alakult ki az úgy nevezett feleségnővérek között. A kedvenc jeleneteim mindig ahhoz fűződtek, mikor ők együtt tevékenykedtek valamit. :)
Számomra a regény nem annyira boldog befejezéssel végződött, mert én mindvégig a másik románcnak drukkoltam, de tudván, hogy ez egy trilógia, még látok reményt arra, hogy nekem kedvező fejlemények következnek. :) Alig várom már a második részét, de sajnos erről még nem sokat tudni, ugyanis a most említett regény, a Hervadás is friss megjelenés. Ajánlom mindenkinek! :)

Kedvenc idézetek

Sharing a husband with two ather wives isn't complicated; being married to Linden means something different for each of us. For Jenna, Linden's mansion is nothing but a luxurious place to die. For Cecily, her marriage is some kind of partnership of „I love yous” and children. For me, it's a lie.

He smiles at me, and I sense him advancing. Gently he moves my legs from between us, and my feet land on the ground, and he tilts my chin and kisses me. I allow it, because I'm first wife – the key card makes it as official as it could get – and because I promised him I'd be a better wife, and it would make him suspicious if I pushed him away. And because, truthfully, it isn't the worst thing in the world to kiss Linden Ashby.

I avoid Housemaster Vaughn when I can. And at dinner when he regales me in banter about the meal or the weather, I try to smile like his voice isn't sending cockroaches up and down my spine.

When I met Linden at the elevator, I see that my coat is the feminine cut of his, and I wonder if this is coincidence. Deirdre, hopeless little romantic that she is, may have designed it specially to match. I suppose she means for me to learn to love him. But she's young yet. She has plenty of years to learn what true love is, or at the very least what it isn't.


Szereplők



★★★★★★★★★★ (10/10)

0 megjegyzés:

Megjegyzés küldése