Anna Gavalda - 95 pounds of hope

47778



"Gregory has never liked school. And now that he's in sixth grade, life has only gotten worse. He's been held back twice and expelled once. His parents think he should go to boarding school, but his only happy moments have been found in his grandfather's cluttered shed, among the tools he uses to build his inventions. Grandfather has been his only supporter, but now even he is urging Gregory to take control of his life. Gregory has to wonder if a fresh start-in school and in life-might not be such a terrible idea after all. This fresh, funny, direct story will resonate with every reader who has ever felt like a square peg in a round hole."





I only checked this book out of the school library because it had been long on my TBR list, and when I saw how tiny it was, I thought: why not? It must be worth a hour. WELL NOT! If I could go back in time, I would slap myself with War and Peace or any decent copy of a few hundred pages book. It was the most boring, most unrealistic, most cliché-ish book I've ever held in my hands.



Let's just starts with the title: 95 pounds of hope. REALLY? What is that supposed to mean? Feelings are not measured in pounds. I know, i know, it must be a hipster title, or something very deeeeeeep, very emotional, like Gavalda smoked a pot before deciding on the title.

To be honest, I couldn't really decide of Gregory was a girl or a boy until like the 50. page. I know Gregory is a boy name, but in my hungarian copy, it was written Grégoire. And by the was, he was a very stubborn, spoiled son of a b*tch all the time. 

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ (0/10)

0 megjegyzés:

Megjegyzés küldése